Sunday, August 20, 2006

Establishing the in-group

So I've completed my first two days of class, and all I have to say is... eh.  I wouldn't say it's been totally impossible, nor does it appear overly imposing, but I'm definitely planning on waiting and seeing before I make any huge pronouncements.

Beyond that, I don't feel like I have a lot to say.  There are a number of attractive female fall starters, but the jury remains out on whether I'm actually going to get to know them.  The law school seems to be divided into a strange class system.  All the summer starters are now expected to be friends with one another, which makes getting friendly with fall starters and upperclassman an interesting experience.  Also, it means that all those people I never talked to over the summer are suddenly my best buds.

Weird stuff. 

Anyway, tomorrow I'll tell you about da ting wot happened ta me da udder day.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Good luck Felix! And ignore those snobs that are your supposed friends..make friends with upperclassmen, they have the notes from last year, and the advice on professors!

A Daisy Girl said...

It amazed me, freshman year of college, how all the "cool" kids who went to my community college could talk to me all of a sudden. It's exactly as if I was instantly an OK person to talk to. Amazing how that works. If they only knew who the "cool" kids were!!

Kathleen said...

I would also like to add: da ting wat happened to you? What was it? I'm dying here from suspense?!

TheMemoWriter said...

Hey there, I'm enjoying your blog. I like your perspective and sense of humor. Hope law school doesn't wear you out too much. Most of us got out alive. Once you survive the first semester you're about 99% to make it so Godspeed!