Friday, September 22, 2006

Science: 3 questions

I've decided to start a new series that has very little to do with getting babes and a whole lot to do with science. Specifically, I'd like to try to explain the basics of science that so many people simply don't know.

Mind you, I said "don't know" and not "don't get."

There's a big difference. I'm guessing that most anybody can figure out the basic workings of science, because we all USE the basic workings of science everyday. I once had a teacher who argued that everyone is a scientists, it's just that some people were stupid enough to pay for a fancy piece of paper that said so.

I'm planning on making this as easy and as obvious as possible. If there's something you don't get, you're probably thinking too hard.

That said, let's get going. Today, I'll start out REALLY simple. To totally understand science, you only need to know the answer to 3 questions. These are the three questions.

1. What is the purpose of science?

2. Which football team is going to win the game, if one team finishes the game with 1000 yards and the other team finishes the game with zero yards?

3. Concerning your answer to question number two.... Why?

So there you go. If you can answer those three questions, you'll be a master of science and the scientific method. In the comments section, I'm open to answers. Tomorrow, I'll do my best to explain the correct answers.

In the future, look for a talk about "empirical science," which is just a fancy way of saying "prove it, beeeotch." Also, learn why good scientists are the most conservative people on earth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont believe in science. I cant see it, so it must not exist. :-)

Kathleen said...

Felix..er, Nathan, I am not answering your questions yet. I just wanted to let you know that I had a dream about you last night, and it was kinda weird.
Katie

Kyle said...

bow chic-a bow wow.