Thursday, June 22, 2006

Torts Final

If any of you have come to know my blogging habits by now, you should have a pretty working idea that when I say I'm not going to blog anymore, I'm almost certainly going to blog twice as much.

To that effect, hiya! Today I got to sleep in, because it's stop-day in my little summer school world, which means I didn't wake up until 8:30am!!! That's like 2 hours after I normally wake up. What a wonderful world this is.

Today I intend to watch the US destroy Ghana, Italy beat Czech Republic, and... um... flowers bloom?

OK. You got me. I don't have a third thing to watch. After watching US, I'm probably going to be studying all day long and/or until my eyes begin to bleed. Then, when I've wiped the blood away, I'm going to go back to studying.

See, yesterday I took my first law school final, but I wouldn't call it a REAL law school final. I'm not sure how many other places have this, but at KU we have a class called Lawyering, in which we first get introduced to the library, Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw, Bluebooking (weird way to say writing citations), memo and brief writing, etc.

Yesterday I had my final in that class, but, based upon the material alone, it obviously wasn't a real law school final. For one thing, there was no substantive material. We walked around law, rather than talking about it. For another, I never saw the sentences, "Bill hit Jenny with a bat by accident. What legal recourses does Jenny have?" So, I mean, obviously this isn't real law.

Which means even though I felt yesterday's final went really well, I'm still in a great position to be freaking out about tomorrow's final.

Oh, and here is a site that I linked to once before, but will link to again in my one week series "How to get babes without even trying: Finals Edition" (HTGBWETFE) Obsessive Law Student.

If anyone can make a good anagram of that, I'll give them like all of my earnings for this month from the ads at the top of this page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how'd it go??