Friday, June 30, 2006

retiring?

So it's been pointed out to me that I have a tendency of over simplifying things, then taking the simplified items and over complicating them.

It's an interesting notion and one that I really can't argue with. That being said, I've decided tonight that I will retire from this blog....

ahahahaha. Just kidding. You know I wouldn't really do that. Nevertheless, I do think I've been known to go a little bit away from the point of this thing (namely, to discuss my life, make funny jokes, and give my pride a nice preening).

That being said, tomorrow I shall attempt to make amends. I can't tonight. I'm too tired.

No, really. It's like an hour after my bed time.

Oh, ok. One rule, but then bedtime!

This one I re-use and borrow from the captain of the rock pile himself.

HTGBWET 27.5b: Don't put it on a pedestal.

You might ask what "it" is, and I can't really answer that one. "It" can be a million different things. The important factor, though, is that putting anything or anyone on a pedestal is really more than is deserved or even wanted. Pedestals are reserved for ideals, and there is no point is attempting to force a person into an ideal.

In the end, everyone ends up either hurt, frustrated, or generally pissed off. And sometimes with screwed up knees!

That last one is only if you have no idea what "figurative" means.

No comments: