Monday, May 08, 2006

An apology, in a sense

Well, my initial plan for this post was to write an apology to a particular person, but that just doesn't sound like me. I was right the first time around. Sure, I felt like an ass later and probably should not have broadcasted my thoughts quite so widely. Lord knows I've been able to keep my trap shut once in a while in other situations, but what's done is done.

What AM I sorry about? I know I am sorry, but let's consider exactly why.

I'm sorry for having caused conflict. I'm sorry for having dragged a real name into the story, when guilt/innocence was not proven. I'm sorry for having hurt feelings and making people feel uncomfortable. I'm sorry for having dragged attention away from where it belonged at the time.

Um. Yeah, I think that takes care of it. I'm not particularly sorry for talking about a famous type of interaction, because it's an important type to air out. I'm not sorry for airing my thoughts on the matter, nor for admitting my boundless lack of self-confidence.

And now... a tribute to Kristi: bow chick a bow wow! Chick a chicka bow wow! Chicka bow wow!

7 comments:

Joel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joel said...

Newbie, snap the F out of it.

You need to dig down, deep ... no deeper, and search through all that pocket lint, that annoying stack of pennies you won't just leave on the counter, that receipt from yesterday's fast food and that condom that we all know you'll never actually use and find your testicals.

Apologizing? Spare me. Sally, you need help.

---------------
Alright ... it's late, and I know that was weak, but damn it, I'm going to get better. I know it.

(Note: If you have a clue what I'm talking about outside of the direct references to Nathan's post here, congrats and feel free to add to my Cox-ian inspired rant. Otherwise, just continue talking about skank lesbians. And yes, that does mean I don't want you to post that you don't understand what I'm talking about.

Stop it Kathleen. I know what you're thinking.)

(Note 2: Kay, don't you go there either)

(Note 3: Damn it. I said don't.)

Anonymous said...

Scrubs is my favorite'ist show right now...alonside NCIS of course. I like the fact that there's no laugh track and it's still funny!!! We don't need the man telling us what's good; we can figure it out ourselves. Also, I would like to know, whose post was deleted and why. And does anyone know where Kristi went on her honeymoon? I never thought to ask. Also, Audrie, I would agree, sweaty and dirty is always good. I wouldn't ever turn it down:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, I forgot the most obvious question of all...who did you piss off Nathan and how and why are you apologizing. You can't post something anonymous on your post; that's not fair. You know I can't live without gossip; I thrive on it. It's like food and drink for my soul.

KU Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KU Mommy said...

Andrew and I are going to Wisconsin on our honeymoon... but she doesn't leave for two weeks because we thought Andrew would have finals.

:)

Thanks for the tribute, Nate.

Nathan said...

As far as I can tell, any deleted comments were simply double posts. Could be wrong, of course.