Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Customer Service for Dell, Verizon Wireless, and Bank of America!

Nothing really to say right now, just wanted to make a quick note. I've made 4 customer service calls in recent weeks, and all have been NOT TERRIBLE!

Two calls were made to verizon wireless folks who helped me activated my old phone and then my new phone again. The first time I was helped by some guy who was not personable, but was exceedingly efficient. On the second call I was helped by a woman who lived in california and had an extremely sexy, cute voice. We chatted about weather and mountains and montana and the pacific.

Then I made a call to Dell to arrange financing of my laptop for law school. Once again, no problems. I was pretty concerned this time, because I thought my credit wouldn't hold, but once again the woman was extraordinarily efficient and everything was arranged lickity split.

Finally, I was dicked around a bit by Bank of America this week and given an overdraft charge that I didn't deserve. So I called them and got a very nice woman from Rhode Island; we chatted about the weather in New England; and that overdraft charge was IRRADICATED!

I feel like I've almost moved up to a new, more perfect state of being. Naturally, at some point this can't last, but for now I'm feeling pretty great.

1 comment:

v said...

That's why I always get crappy service - you've used up all the good service available!

:-)

Oh, it's not always bad I guess... but more than it needs to be!