Monday, May 29, 2006

Sour

Do you ever have some days where you start out feeling pretty neutral, but then the undercurrents of your thoughts start to turn negative? Like, it never really affects your day; it doesn't change how you interact w/ the world during the day; in fact, for all intents and purposes everything is the same.

But somewhere, way deep down inside, you feel a little gremlin working away at a knot of unhappiness?

No? That's just me? Seriously? Well, that sucks. Freaking gremlins.

I believe there's even a phrase for it. "Sour." Such and such soured my day. That's how I feel at the moment. Not bad, exactly, just sour. Earlier I had a pretty minor interaction that didn't go the way I wanted it to. Now that I've had time to think about it, I've reallized that I'm going to have to have a bit of a confrontation about the whole issue, and I'm just not looking forward to that.

I hate confrontation. There are those who might argue that this could make me a less than ideal mate, but I don't care. I hate it that much. I'm a firm believer in the notion that almost all bad things go away if you ignore them. And so I'm gravely disappointed when I run into a situation where I get proven wrong.

I apologize for my vagueness, but such is the price one must pay for zero internet anonymity, as I recently discovered (some of you may remember).

Anyway, that's it for the moment. Tomorrow: my review of X-Men III and why I like rain. Also, for you die-hard fans, expect a new HTGBWET.

No comments: