Thursday, February 23, 2006

Why I don't like listening to Jim Rome on the radio

I shall now do an internet impersonation of Why Jim Rome Sucks.

We will start with a quote from Barry Bonds that Jim rome reads on the air.

"'I will tackle that bridge when I get to it.' <25> You're going to tackle that bridge? <45> So let me get this straight. YOu are going to tackle that bridge. Barry Bonds is gonna Tackle that Bridge when he gets to it."

Commercial

After the commercial Rome reads a quick email from a fan. "Dear Romey, that was an epic rant you did on Barry Bonds."

He reads another one after a 25 second pause.
"Hey Jim, Don't count your chicks before they're all in one basket, signed, Barry Bonds." This, if you don't understand, is someone who ALSO knows how to mix metaphors in a humorous manner, and who makes the "signed, famous stupid person" joke for the 8 billionth time, because that joke never gets old .

<3>

"Now let's talk about Nascar."

Jim Rome is only hilarious if A) you love minor errors on the part of atheletes, B) you don't know what people are talking about when they mention "comedic timing," and C) you enjoy exactly the same joke repeated over and over, day after day, and again and again in 2 minute spans.

On the other hand, I am curious to hear Bill Self on a radio show, so I might listen tomorrow.

No comments: