Wednesday, February 15, 2006

you guys are awesome

So, at the risk of sounding like one of those people who always talks about cats, I think I'm gonna talk about my sister's cat. At the moment it is sitting on my lap top, watching my mouse move back and forth on the blank white screen. Cats are incredibly stupid. Especially my sister's.

Anyway, in real news I'm going to have real money for the first time in a while on Friday. That's right, my first pay check AND my tax refund are slated to come on the same day. I would say that this excites me in unnatural ways, but I tend not to get erections over monetary exchanges.

Go figure.

Other news: I just figured out today that I could still apply to Georgetown Law if I wanted. Luckily, I don't want to, so things seem to be working out.

If you haven't already guessed, today's post is likely going to be a series of unconnected statements.

OH! Got it. Here's something worth talking about. So I don't think I like my co-workers. Mind you, I don't particularly dislike them, but I definitely also don't like them. They are uninteresting people who don't understand my jokes and don't follow the logic for why said jokes might be funny.

Allow me to diagram a standard bit of Nathan Humor. My best verbal humor is rooted in the notion that it is funny to be overly excited about boring things. For example, the phrase "It is what it is" in spanish is "eso si que es." Thus, if someone asks "how's it going" you can say "it is what it is" but in spanish and be deep.

But the humor comes in when I excitedly go into what makes this phrase especially awesome. See, there's a GREAT mnemonic to remember "eso si que es." SOCKS! Get it? Read it slower...

SOCKS

Slower....

SOOOCCCKKKKS

SPELL it.

S.... O.... C.... K... S...

IT'S THE SAME! OH MY GOD! IT'S INCREDIBLE!

(for those who still don't follow, allow the following visual aid)

SO = Eso
C =Si
K = Que
S = Es!

See? Standard Nathan humor. It isn't meant for a laugh exactly. It's meant to make everyone feel comfortable and happy. The problem is that I don't accomplish this goal with my co-workers. They just look at me, roll their eyes, and go back to talking to one another. And it isn't even that they are serious people who want to focus on their work. I listen to their constant conversation. They share a wide number of laughs over the day. But never because of me.

And so I don't like them, but they aren't mean, so I don't dislike them either. They're just... not you folks. I may have been spoiled by having smart, witty, worldy friends to begin with and for such a long time. None of you is dull or slow or protected within your own world of inanities.

I guess I'm saying thanks to all of you for being such bright, wonderful people.

One other thing, my co-workers hate steve martin, the wild and crazy guy. This may be a step too far. I can forgive one or the other, but absolutely not both. See the movie Roxanne. Steve Martin is a national treasure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Felix,
You're the greatest! We missed you at the movie...we watched Matchpoint, that new Woody Allen flick and it was so depressing and f'ed up. We could have used you around!