Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Stats and Sex

So it has occurred to me that an awful lot of my HTGBWET's involve a surprising amount of trying. As such, I've decided to include a new one today that requires VERY little effort.

HTGBWET #4: Already be married.

Yup. You heard it here first. Can you name the one group of people that have more sex than any other group? How about the most regular sex? Or even the most guaranteed group to sleep with somebody.

Married people. I don't know why I haven't thought of this before. Stats prove it too! Married people or people who are living together have twice as much, or even 3 TIMES as much sex as single people.

Living together: 146/yr
Married: 98/year
Single: 49/year

So there you go, folks. I don't recommend TRYING to get married or move in with someone, as that takes SERIOUS effort. But if you are already married, or very close to it, you have an average of 146 to 98 great days per year to look forward to.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...married people may have more sex statistically than single people but is it obligatory, let's get this over with sex or is it spontaneous this is fun sex. You must take these considerations into account...especially if you are a female

Kathleen said...

Interesting question. Also, I would just like to say, that both of those numbers seem low considering how much fun sex is/can be. Is anyone else sad about that?

v said...

(Comments from a no-longer-married man)

Only 49 a year?

(sigh) I suppose it's a small price to pay to be single and happy again.

:-)

These are averages, of course. If I manage to break 10 this year I will be surprised, but married life wasn't that much better.

Even the averages are sad, yes...

Nathan said...

10? Whoa, big roller!

Welcome to the blog.

Kay: Being male, sex=sex. However, I get your point, and I'm guessing it's a couple by couple thing.

Katie: Yeah, I dunno. Maybe those averages include 2 groups. Those who have very little sex and those who have a hell of a lot.

v said...

I should clarify that it isn't that I lack or do not expect opportunity. It's just that I'm looking for something better than what I've had.

When all of marriage becomes a duty, sex is just another duty... no thanks.

The last person I was in bed with would have been willing to repeat the experience, but I wasn't. I kinda regret having been with her in the first place, as it was the first time I let myself get in that situation with someone I wasn't into intellectually and/or emotionally... no thanks, again.

When you're with the right person and you're into them, and they're into you, the sex is better.

So I guess I'm saving myself. :-)

KU Mommy said...

These statistics bode very well for me in 2 weeks. YIPEE!!!

Nathan said...

Yeah, that freaks me out a little, Kristi. I think we have been friends for too long. It's kinda like hearing that your younger sister is super excited about sex.

BTW, you are definitely my younger sister and not my older one. First of all, that is true based upon the calendar year. Second, it just seems to be how it is.

KU Mommy said...

You're 3 days older. BLEH.