Thursday, April 06, 2006

a meta-post and the beautiful people club part II

Alright, that's enough of that. While I do enjoy and often prefer politics as a conversation piece, that isn't really the purpose of this blog. As such, let's talk about something near and dear to my heart...

Weird. I'm having problems coming up with something near and dear to my heart that is also funny. Usually when I write a sentence like that some thought always pops up. For example, Diet Grape Soda.

But not right now. As many of you know, I was downsized last week, which means I'm leading a bored life of not doing a whole lot this week. I check my email about 20 times a day, wait to find out if I'll be doing an early summer start at the KU law school, log onto myspace and facebook a depressing number of times, and generally lead a zombie half-life.

Though I have had more energy for my story lately, so that's good.

Anyway, I think I'm so bored that my random, funny, creative gene is starting to misfire and fall into some kind of winter slumber.

Wait. That isn't right. The gene is still working. So far it has already suggested otters, book dust, wind blowing people away, and the dangers of unprotected hand shaking. The trouble is that too many other bits of me keep rejecting these ideas.

Suck.

Oh well. Perhaps later I'll feel a little more energetic. In the meantime, I want to hear any opinions you might have on modern day beautiful people and whether they do or do not have a club. Are you one? If so, your comments would be especially appreciated.

Oh. Also. For a while there I was nearly earning one hours worth of minimum wage per month, but that number has fall drastically, so I ask again that everyone click the google ad near the top of the page to continue to fund the one day party I have.

3 comments:

KU Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KU Mommy said...

You know... I used to want to join the beautiful people's club... but in my old age I've realized that the mediocre-looking people's club is like WAY more creative and fun.

Yeay for mediocrism!

I'm not bored... but I feel for you, Nate. Hooray for party in 2 days!! YIP YIP.

Will you really show up? I shall be delighted if you do.

Kathleen said...

Yay for parties and yay for KU Law! I hope you can start in the summer! And since I just saw your most recent post but decided to comment on this one (thus beginning some sort of time travel) I can say congrats! And I hope you find a place to live, cause I hear that living in the streets sucks.