Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Diet? ME?!

My mom has convinced me to start a weight watchers diet. She's been doing the atkin's thing for about 4 months and has lost quite a bit of weight. I have steadfastly pointed out that I would never have the ability to stay on that kind of diet. I simply can't stomach a lack of bread.

So, in an attempt to at least be a diet support for her, I've agreed to the weight watchers diet. This way we can push each other on and work toward a better, awesomer you. I mean, me and her.

I have to admit to some mild curiousity about this plan. Since any friends that I have around rarely go out, it is highly feasible that I could actually stay on this one for quite some time.

As such, I think I'm going to document for all of my faithful readers my progress. Most people usually use a standing picture, so that after 3 months they can suck in their guts and smile. I plan to use a sitting picture that does not include much of my face. This way you can't tell if I'm smiling.

If this works, bully for me. If not, I don't exactly have the highest expectations anyway, but the camera work should be interesting.

And for all you ardent HTGBWET fans out there, Rule #452: don't get thinner. Be thinner already.

P.S. 'cause here at Weight watchers, the future is... you.... probably.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my brother in law and his husband have had good results with the South Beach diet. Which limits your bread intake, but not by much. Its just having you eat different kinds of carbs.

Nathan said...

If I just can't stomach weight watchers, I may check it out.

BTW, did I read that right? My brother in law and his husband?