Monday, January 30, 2006

35% vs 60%

I feel that it is necessary to address the issue of women falling for the more male assholes in the world.

In a sense, I absolutely believe this is true, but not for the reason that anyone probably thinks.

Let's start with a few statistics. Or, at the very least, at least one statistic. By the time their college tenure has ended approximately 60% of women have had sex. Meanwhile only about 35% of men have done likewise.

Why do you suppose this is? Is it because men are more pure, chaste, and holy than women? HELL NO! Sadly, because of the nature of the study, we cannot determine an actual reason for this disparity, but I have what I think is a pretty good guess.

I'd like to call it the manwhore theory, but that wouldn't exactly be correct. As far as I am concerned, in this case there are only two kinds of men. Direct men and sheepish men. Alpha and beta males. The ballsy and the ballsfree. If we return to my previous post on the matter, we shall see that there is, in fact, a method by which people hook up. Regrettably, the ballsfree men don't know that. They've been suckered by movies and fiction. They've been led to believe, totally falsely, that, in order to get together with a particular girl, they need to present within themselves all that that woman desires.

Conversely, if they discover that another male has gotten with a girl, they then attempt to figure out exactly what qualities that male had that allowed him to get together with her.

The answer to that line of inquiry is almost always the same. He's an asshole. This, ladies, is the absolute truth. Except with Dean, who is, as you shall see in the link, the man and who has massive pectorals and other parts. For the most part, though, these guys who are so good at getting with the ladies are assholes.

See, they were able to figure out that magical formula way before most guys, because they didn't give two shits about being rejected. Also, assholes tended to drink a lot more in high school, giving them an experience in picking up women edge. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, assholes are aggressive. I don't mean violent. I mean aggressive. They will pursue and not sit back and try to learn by watching.

Lord, how i hate them. Except a few who are pretty fun guys.

And so, males and females alike, do not dispair. We live in the age of the fruitbat. Times are changing. People are learning. Ladies, don't feel frustrated because you always fall for the cockheads of the world. It isn't that you draw them. It's that the good ones haven't figured out the rules to approaching you yet. And men, I know it's more fun and easier to be pissed off, but get your shit together! Women aren't falling for assholes because they LIKE assholes. They're falling for assholes because assholes are the only available options.

Tomorrow (or maybe later tonight): The art of releasing the fish back into the stream. Know it. Learn it. Love it.

Disclaimer: I remain in that unfortunate category of men called the ballsfree. As such, all advice is based upon zero experience. As I don't have much in the way of expendable cash at the moment, my odds of moving into the other category are low. Nevertheless, I'm almost certain that I am correct. If any beautiful, wealthy young women out there are reading this right now, feel free to post a comment about your obvious desire to move me a few categories up in the world. Trust me. There is no shame in that.

Further Disclaimer: One should not assume that all my tales of sexcapades with kay (see here, here, here, and here) are entirely fictional based upon the previous disclaimer, even if they are.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you made the distinction between us LIKING the assholes and them simply being the only thing available. If only the nice good ones were more aggressive and forward, then we might notice them more. On the other hand, maybe it's their non-obviousness that makes them neat. I must give this more thought.

Nathan said...

Seriously, now, Kay, you are like the one exception to this whole rule. Partly because you are so insanely aggressive yourself, with all your whips and chains, and partly because Dean is an unknown quantity.

KU Mommy said...

I'm very glad you haven't posted yet today, because I have something to say about this one.

I care much less about this situation now than I have before in life, but I still get a little irked by it so here goes nothing.

First, I've always been very opposed to and pissed off by the "nice guys finish last" motto and the "girls like assholes" mantra.

These are merely retarded statements made up by a man who has spent his entire life going after "Kiera Knightleys" of this world, rather than a woman in his own strata.

Nice guys wouldn't finish last if they changed their paradigm of thinking enough to realize that REAL women can be just as attractive as a "hot piece of ass".

Cry me a flippin river that girls fall for aggressive assholes.

In my history of dating, I have only fallen for 2 assholes... and they were not assholes when I decided to date them... they merely became those men during or after we had dated. And I DID not decide to date them because I "just didn't see" that they were assholes. My naivity led me to men who I thought actually would treat me well and respect me as a WHOLE person.

Okay.. now I'm just ranting.

But anyways. FWA! FWIGGITY FWA!

*Oh.. and by the way.. if this offends you, Natey B, it completely wasn't meant to. I'm ranting in general not in any specific direction.*

Nathan said...

It doesn't actually offend me for two reasons. First, I wasn't the guy complaining about all this. I'm just a guy providing a suitable response. Second, I'm not sure if what you are talking about and what I am talking about actually align.

To an extent, everything I say still applies. It's entirely possible, k-jack (sorry, I'm all for giving you a nickname, but I totally oppose names like kiki and ray-ray), that guys were just as afraid to pursue you as they were to pursue the Kiera Knightley's of the world. The facts of the matter remain the same, though. The primary stories you told before you met this new fella were almost always the same. Boyfriend X was a total jerk (or sometimes manic depressive and crazy).

However, none of that really matters. What matters is that so-called "nice guys" who I call ballsfree aren't necessarily NICE; they're just afraid to put themselves out there. PR recently sent out an email making a joke about a new anti-anxiety medication called Tequila. While it was a funny email, it had an element of truth. The fear of getting together often goes away with alcohol. The other way for this fear to evaporate is to have experienced it evaporating before, which an awful lot of guys have not, because they lack that aggression that I was mentioning.

My point is, in other words, that the phenomenon has nothing to do with social stratas. It has everything to do with fear. Not just of insanely beautiful women, but all women. And not simply of women, but of the horrible rejection that could come from any of these women. It's stupid, I know, which is why I refer to the individuals it happens to as "ballsfree."

On another note, I don't believe in social strata. At least, not in terms of physical looks. Well, even that isn't true. I believe in two different social strata. If a person is just looking to "hook up" for the night, physical looks are incredibly important. However, if one is seriously more interested in the long term, it's all about the personality. You will note, in my guide to getting together, I suggest being partially acquainted before hand. There is a reason for that. If you already know some one a little bit, personality can have a profound effect on attractiveness rating.

So what do you think? I'll try not to post a new topic for at least a little while more to hear comments.

KU Mommy said...

Wow. Excellent Response. And the whole Manic Depressive one... yeah... totally one of the ones that I was oblvious about until I was in the midst of dating him. If you recall I met the guy on retreat and he was like hella awesome at first thought.

I see your point now about fear of rejection. Girls have that too. It's merely expressed differently and in different situations.

But really... I think it all goes back to human dignity. If you or I or any person really realized how amazing, beautiful, and wonderful that God created them to be... and realized the unbelievable uniqueness and wonder that is within them... they wouldn't have nearly as much problem with rejection.

Rejection becomes a non-issue once a person understands that they're worth it to God whether the object of their affection sees it or not.

Ya know?

KU Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nathan said...

Um. For a moment I thought about censoring your comments regarding God, because I thought it would be funny. Then I decided against it.

In the end I guess to each his or her own. God, tequila, experience, aggression, in this case each is simply a means to an end. Everyone out there. I leave it open to you to figure out your exact method. G'luck.

Anonymous said...

There totally is social strata. And to that point, the tv series Beauty and the Geek offends me. (and I would like to point out that I dont watch it, and everything I know about it comes from seeing previews during other shows I watch and from watching The Soup) It annoys me that people think that these guys should change so they can hook up with these moronic girls! It's the girls who should change, and by change I mean become smarter. They are idiots, and the boys/geeks should be looking for someone in their "strata" because despite the fact that these girls are pretty, they are morons. And really, once you're done with the shagging, you want someone you can talk to. Or at least, I do.