Sunday, January 08, 2006

So I watch this movie...

So I tried to go to sleep a while ago, but then realized I hadn't written a post for this stupid blog. Then I decided I could wait until tomorrow. Then, after a while, I realized that I was incorrect.

So here we are.

Tonight I'd like to talk about the movie Just Friends, which is one of those films that is not good itself, but makes you realize a few things. And, therefore, has a few redeeming qualities. Also, the slapstick humor is pretty good.

Needless to say, being a guy almost imfamously stuck in the friend zone, I identified with this movie. How many times have I been compared to a brother or a great friend and nothing more? I have no idea. I'd say about 3 times. Wait. 4. Maybe 5.

I'll go back to I have no idea.

So I watch this movie. I see the main character guy singing "I Swear" in his bedroom mirror, and I am shocked to remember something painfully similar from about 2 and 1/2 years ago. I hear about flowers on valentine's day. I witness close confessions and expressions of eternal friendship, and I am horrified to understand and connect with every single one.

I don't have a brother, though, so I don't identify with that part of the movie.

Anyway, I watch this movie. And I realize how stupid - and funny - it all is. Why have I spent so much of my time caught up one someone who simply isn't caught up on me? I mean, my God, MOVE ON buddy. Be friends if you want to be friends, but don't freaking torture yourself about something so ridiculous as a girl who obviously doesn't get it or isn't interested.

So I watch this movie. And, at the end, I feel a little more free. I feel like whatever rock I've been trapped under might have evaporated a little bit. Suddenly things look different. Not a lot different. Just a teeny bit.

Also, it's nice to think that maybe I can be thin by the time I turn 28-ish. Stranger things have happened, and I still have 3 years.

p.s. this may be a poorly written post, but it's past 4am, I'm tired, and I think I said what I needed to say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could never foget about my Nathan...Just for the record, I think everyone has days when no one is calling and you think everyone is all involved with their life and has forgotten about you. I know I do.

Anonymous said...

I also do. When we get moved in, you two should totally come to my new house and particpate in a dorky party of board games and cheesy movies and a little bit of alcohol. But not much, my poor husband cant drink. But we have a pull out couch you can share. Just bring your own sheets. ;-)