Sunday, January 29, 2006

Pride... and Prejudice?

Well, so today I celebrated mom's birthday with her and went off the diet for the day. It's the first time I've been off the diet since I started in early, early January, and it's odd. While I definitely went off, I wasn't nearly able to consume what I used to. I think my stomach got too small.

It was weird.

Also, we watched Pride and Prejudice tonight, and I rather liked it. It isn't a movie that leaves you feeling wonderful and hopeful about life, but it does take you on a nice little journey that ends in a surprisingly satisfying way. I've heard the 1995 miniseries is pretty good as well. I may have to check it out now. Or at least read the book.

Hm. So what other thoughts do I have to parley? I've been feeling a little down in general lately. That's possibly why this blog seems a bit edgier of late. I think a number of factors are to blame for that. My continuing lack of income is making social interaction more and more difficult. Boredom, which had already creeped in long ago, has heightened to dangerous levels. I seem always to be fatigued.

I don't know. I could go on, but I don't like focusing on the bad anymore. I did far too much of that as a frosh in college. It never really gets you anywhere. Plus, you start getting trapped in this cycle of thought that spirals downward into this horrifying inability to see others as anything but a reflection of yourself.

I honestly feel that depression, at some level, has a basis in self-reflection. That's why it's best to avoid it.

So instead let's talk about Schools! At this point, my decisions are set nearly in stone. I may add or subtract one or two, but very few changes are expected. My schools of choice are....

(drumroll, please)

Temple, William and Mary, the George Washington U., Iowa, George Mason, Yeshiva U., KU, and Washburn.

These eight schools are the lucky eight. Among them rests the decision of where I go and what I may become. By Monday night I hope to have finished all of my personal statements, submitted all of my various forms, and begun my casual wait by the phone and mailbox. I have no intention of latching myself to either (at least until Feb 2).

With little else to do, I imagine I'll probably start furiously calling the staffing service I signed up with every 15 minutes, impatiently asking why I don't have a job yet AND YES I DO TOO MIND IF THEY PUT ME ON HOLD! I am told this method is certain to get me a job. Or is it certain to get my fired? I forget now.

Anyway, I have high hopes there.


Beyond that the world will continue to turn as it has for the past 3 months. I beg that you all wish me luck.

Also, if you are actually bored enough to read my story, I ask that you please put some kind of comment, like "well, this is a load of crap so far" and "I found a rock yesterday. It was 10 times more captivating than that rubish you call a story" and, finally, "So who is this chick? I don't know anybody by the description of 'a small, dark-haired woman with a strong nose, soft eyes, and clay-mation grin.' Are you making her up?"

Oh, and, of course, my favorite... "gay gaygaygaygaygaygaygaygyagay" (from anonymous).

G'night, y'all. Y'hear?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your educational stance is faltering....

Many moons have passed (or not) since the last HTGBWET