Friday, January 20, 2006

A true weblog of the days events

Warning, somewhat gross male humor/ adult content ahead...

Oh yeah! Also, I wanted to talk about the trials and tribulations of tonight. The following is a minute by minute, hour by hour description of my day starting the moment the UPS guy got there.

So I got my new hard drive at about 4PM.

4:00 PM:

Hell yeah! Booyah, baby! Who wants some of this? It's large, it's in charge, and it's rock hard! And I am certainly not referring to the hard drive!

4:25 PM:

Holy crap. I sure got that screwed into my computer fast and efficiently, using my powerful left forearm muscle. Good thing I've had so much practice. - smiles at nearby Kleenex of love

4:30:

I have to format the new drive? OK.

4:55

Wow! That took a while! But now the heavenly installation begins!

5:05

Bad file? WTF!

5:06

It has to format again! Damned!

5:31

ok.... maybe this time it'll work.

5:41

Cool. This time there was no problem with that file.

5:45

BAD FILE! What the shit! - knocks over a full cup of diet soda and burns the kleenex of love in a made rage of frustrated hatred - What the hell is wrong with this CD?

6:45

Formatting my new, huge-ass hard drive sucks my Hairy ball sack. What the shit do I do now?

7:30

Wait a minute! What if I just make a copy of the faulty disk onto a new, pretty disk! Maybe my idiot box will think there is a huge difference!

7:45

Ok, I have a new disk.

8:00

It worked! It worked! - grabs 25 new Kleenexes of love in anticipation - What? I have to install and update Windows XP now?

9:00

Service Pack II?! Suck my balls, SPII!

10:30

Updating windows sucks. I'm tired now and haven't had a chance to do anything I want to do. What time is it? Holy shit! I haven't eaten in 10 hours!

10:31

Actually, that's kinda neat. I'm not that hungry.

10:32

Wait. Maybe I am hungry.

10:33

Screw that. I'm on a diet. This is awesome. Now what should I do? - rubs chin in contemplation, while eyeing certain nearby items

...


2:30 AM

Well, that was fun. Maybe I'll check my email and post in my blog now.

3:27

So here we are. You know what? I think it's been a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my god, you have changed my ways with your elegant prose!!! i have given up drinking becuase of your inspiring words.

Nathan said...

Yeah. It's a gift. I am glad to know that someone out there appreciates my efforts. Even if I don't know who that someone is.