Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Bedtime for Bonzo - emotional vomit

One last thing, then it's bedtime for bonzo.

HTGBWET tip #241 - If you find yourself wanting to say some things that maybe you mean and maybe you don't to someone, consider writing those things down before hand then waiting a while. It's possible that you'll look at what you wrote and realize that maybe you didn't mean that at all.

This, I understand, is called emotional vomit. It's meaningless, useless hormonal emotion that does not advance the situation and can often be counter productive. Ultimately, it's just the vocalization of short-term feelings, rather than actual ideas and opinions and even the more important long-term feelings.

I read about the notion in an article about how guys really shouldn't open up immediately on a first date. It's better to slowly open the gate that hides who you are, rather than flooding another with your emotional vomit, suggests this article. I happen to agree, though I can't say that I'm the poster-child of the movement. For me it is often all or nothing.

But I'm working on it. And isn't that all we can ask for?

3 comments:

Bishniak said...

I'd say it couldn't hurt, unless of course you don't destroy or delete the letter you have written. I have learned through painful experience that your own penmanship can come back to haunt you if you are not careful.

Anonymous said...

I missed many days of your blog and so was scrolling down a bit. Would just like to say thanks for recognizing that at least one long distance relationship does work. At least for now. And also would like to add that I have never cut through fuzzy handcups with my diamond nipples... I would never lower myself to use fuzzy handcuffs. If you're going go S&M you go all the way and use mtal or NOT AT ALL!!!

Anonymous said...

I missed many days of your blog and so was scrolling down a bit. Would just like to say thanks for recognizing that at least one long distance relationship does work. At least for now. And also would like to add that I have never cut through fuzzy handcups with my diamond nipples... I would never lower myself to use fuzzy handcuffs. If you're going go S&M you go all the way and use mtal or NOT AT ALL!!!