Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Not the greatest week

Have you ever had one of those weeks?

That's a great sentence. It allows for so many different ideas and perspectives, and it brings us all together, because we've all had one of those weeks.

Let me tell you about mine.

Two days ago I learned that I was going to be downsized on Thursday. In other words, I'm losing my job tomorrow. Now for those who know my situation, this is definitely not the worst thing ever. I'm set on bills for a while, though I'll probably have to curtail eating out. I will still be able to afford all of the things I need to afford for school and such. Plus, this gives me a chance to find a better job.

The thing is, I'm still being downsized. I mean, no matter the light you put on it, that doesn't feel great.

And on top of that my Friday plans have been shot. For quite a while now I was going to go up to KU, attend the admitted Law Students program, watch a class in-session, and generally enjoy the environment. Then, when I was done, I was going to spend a boring but relaxed evening hanging out with my friend Vanja, who you may know as the bosnian babe.

Well, the KU law school thing is still on, but Vanja is out. She has a remarkably good reason that I won't go into, as this isn't her blog, but I think it still sucks. I've been all excited for two weeks, and suddenly it's just turned into a business trip.

Maybe I'll take in a strip show.

On the upside, this means I'll be partying it up in KC on Friday night, which will be pretty cool. It's just that it won't be the same.

Maybe I should calm down for a second. It's still Wednesday. This week still has three more days to turn around significantly and many events are in place that should facilitate this turn-around.

I'll tell you what. Either late saturday night or early sunday, I'll write again. At that time, I'll let you all know how the second half of this week went. In the mean time, I'll be accepting fake wagers in my comments section. Whoever guesses most accurately how the rest of the week goes gets a prize to be determined later.

I will also be accepting suggestions for prizes.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you coming to party in KC the one weekend I'll be in Wichita??? That sucks! Although if you go see strippers, will you take my husband? He needs some straight guy time. :-)

Kathleen said...

Yay for straight guy time!!! Also, Sara, when and where will you be - we could get together! Oh and Felix..I will bet you..um, well I am thinking of something..that you will have an interesting Friday and that it won't be nearly as unhappy as you think.

Nathan said...

Kay, you can't bet things that you were gonna give away for free anyway. However, I will accept the wager, because I don't stand to lose anything either way.

I should I bring my whips this time?

Nathan said...

Ack! That was Katie!

Alright folks, enough of this using names that I'm not familiar with. I do not approve, because I don't like looking foolish.

Now then, Kay, if you were to bet something, that would have been my response.

Katie, I will also accept your bet and intentionally have a bad time, because I'm very interested in the "something."

Joel said...

You'd rather hang out with a long curly haired busty blond sexpot than me?

Dude. You really let me down.

Nathan said...

I know. I'm totally lacking on the bros before hos concept.

Bishniak said...

YAY straight guy time! Has it been 6 months already?! :)

I still have to find the Hooters in Lee's Summit. Haven't spotted one yet, and don't want to admit I might have to drive up to Independence or back to Lenexa to go to one.

Joel said...

There's a Hooters right at I-435 and Metcalf on the north side of the highway there. That might be Leewood, which is almost Lee's Summit. It's kind of a weird looking building for a Hooters. I've never been in though. There's also one at I-35 and 119 in that super cluster fuck of a shopping area, right in front of the huge movie theater and next to the Joe's Crabshack and maybe a Texas Roadhouse and one other place. That's in Olathe, I think.

I think there's also one out by the Village West shopping area, near the speedway, right where I-70 and I-435 meet. That's actually in KCK, I think.

I dont know where one in Lenexa is.

Wow ... I really sound like an expert, huh? I've only been to one, the one in Olathe. I went to the one in Wichita once, maybe twice -- one time because it was the only place we could find that didn't ask our age when we were hunting for beer. I also went to one in Arizona with my parents when I was about 8. I was afraid of girls at the time and didn't want to have anything to do with the hot blond taking a picture with me.

Ah, how times have changed. But, really, is Hooters even that cool? The last one I went to, the Olathe one, it sucked. No hotties. And the only ones that were at all hot were like 15 errr... I mean 18, officer ... she said she was 18. The food sorta sucks too. Wild Wings has WAY better wings.

So ... right there, everything you ever wanted to know about Hooters. Probably a whole, whole whole lot more.

Anonymous said...

I say you pull a disgrunted postal employee at your now-previous employer...

-gilbert