Friday, March 24, 2006

Law Firms

Sometimes its fun to see what the big name law firms are up to, just in case I may end up working for them. Baker Botts is a fine example of this. I hear about the ridiculous amount of money one might earn by working there, and so I naturally get curious about what exactly they do.

So let's think this through. Baker Botts is a law firm centered in Houston, TX that earns viel geld. Any guesses on what they might do or who they might work for?

THAT'S RIGHT! Oil! (Also, Haliburton) Now I don't think it would kill me to work for these folks, as I firmly believe that everyone has a right to equal representation; however, I just don't seem myself working on oil related matters. If I did end up at Baker Botts, I'd have to be put somewhere else, which, as I read the rosters of services provided, doesn't seem impossible.

The law firm that looks the most interesting at the moment, though, is the international law firm of Fullbright and Jaworski. I think I would seriously enjoy brokering deals among international organizations and being forced to make the occasional trip to Munchen.

Of course, for any of that to happen, I'm gonna have to do some good things over the next little while. Some REALLY good things. Like, so good that they would make all the things I've done recently look like nothing. I wish I could be more like those friends of mine who have crazy work ethics.

Also, K-dogg, it is your job to send nice prayers for a friend of mine up in Lawrence who is getting surgery today (friday). Theoretically it is pretty routine, but I'm not above looking to the holy for some intervention, even if most scientific evidence does not support its usefulness in hospitals.

2 comments:

KU Mommy said...

A prayers is going your friend's way.

Bishniak said...

There's a 27 floor building we recently built for a law firm: Shook, Hardy & Bacon. It's here in KC. I know nothing more of it than I got to watch it's building go up.

And then there's those Worker's Comp ones. Rubens, Case, Rubens, Alvarez, Chase, Verbanic, Wells, Bryant et al.