Tuesday, March 07, 2006

a challenge, some links, and sports

To begin, I suggest going down one post, if you don't care about college basketball. Down one post is a nice blurb on my theories about starting relationships and social status.

Also, if you can correctly guess who the girl in those pictures I posted is, I'll give you a half-penny's worth of applause. And that's something you can take to the bank!

Now, if you do care about basketball, I've decided to back up my ascertation that Texas is better at home than on the road, because it is, by God, true, no matter if I am or am not a KU fan. The only thing that my status changes is the fact that I care about it.

So let's look at some really simple statistics, based exclusively within the Big 12 season.

1st: Texas has lost 3 times. All 3 losses were road games.

2nd: Texas's average margin of victory at home is 25 points. On the road, their margin of victory is 4.

3rd: Even if we discount the losses from the statistics, average road margin of victory is 15, still well below 25.

4th: On average they score 17 more points at home than on the road.

5th: They allow three fewer points at home than on the road.

What is the conclusion we might all draw from these statistics? Texas is BETTER AT HOME!

8 comments:

G said...

You know... I think we all have different perceptions of what beautiful is in our own minds. For example, a lot of men seem to be obsessed with Jessica Alba these days, but I happen to find her as dumb as a box of rocks. That to me is not an attractive woman. I would rather have an average girl who I could carry on an intelligent conversation with instead of a "beautiful" woman who has zero of the same interests. Plus, I know that I get very uneasy around people who are constantly trying to portray a certain image. It tends to bring out my own insecurities.

Joel said...

I'm going to write my column about this this week (Texas-KU Big 12 champ thing, not what makes women beautiful).

I know techinally KU should have won a title, and that they are co-champions and that the banner that will hang won't even say co-champions, it will just say champions.

But I think that's stupid and it's a rule that needs to be changed. The idea is that it's impossible to have a fair and balanced season due to North and South teams not each getting a home game. That's just tough crap, I say. You are not the champion when you got blown out by the team you're tied with. End of story. Co-champions is stupid.

K-State is guilty of it too. Really, it's a Big 12 problem, not a KU problem (though, I will take this time to point out that KU sucks ass). K-State claims a handful of "Co Big 12 North" titles in football and claims a women's conference title when K-State lost head-to-head to co-champ Texas. K-State wasn't the champ. If K-State wanted to be the champ, K-State should have won the game.

KU is not the champ. If KU wanted to be the champ, KU should have taken care of business. Co championships are stupid. If you want the trophy, win the damn game. Who wants a pretend trophy anyway? It's not like KU people REALLY think they're the champs. To be the champ is to be the best, and KU fans don't think they're the best. Everyone knows Texas is the best. It sucks that the game was at Texas, and that won't even out this season, but it will even out over time.

Anonymous said...

What?! I don't make sense? I don't understand what you mean. I didn't ask you to settle. If only beautiful people were allowed to have sex, how would there still be ordinary looking people on earth?

Erin

KU Mommy said...

I THOUGHT I knew who that girl was. Could it really be her though?

Nathan said...

Who?

Nathan said...

Also, Erin, yes, of course. Even beautiful people have unattractive kids. Though I'm sure that's probably not the point!

KU Mommy said...

Starts with the letter after "U" and ends with the letter before "B"?

Nathan said...

Wow. It took me a really long time to figure out what you were talking about.

At first I was like "Uandub?"

Then I actually read the sentence inbetween the letters, and it all came clear.

Also, yes, you are correct.