Thursday, December 22, 2005

BEE yourself!

For today's HTGBWET I would like to take this time to discussing "being yourself." Do you know, I've never really understood this. I mean, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty sure there are at least 3 or 4 myselves. There's me when I'm feeling funny. Me when I'm getting a bit serious. Me when I'm off in my own little place, using foreign accents. Me when I'm studying. Me when I'm reading a book. Me when I'm nervous. Me when I'm doing Kay in the reverse cowgirl style.

And I mean, these are all really kinda different people. Certainly, they have items in common, but the real question to ask is "which of these varied people do I put forward when I'm trying to meet new people, particularly women?" In some cases the answer is obvious. For example, when I'm in an interview or giving a presentation I use my presentation face.

So that's my thought of the day. If you are worried, I should let you know that I'm not too worried about this. I'm slowly developing a new persona for meeting people. This one is vaguely related to my "guy who cannot be socially embarrassed" but with subtle differences. For example, this new one is a better dancer.

I'm interested in all of your opinions, but my own is simply that it is a stupid saying that doesn't take into account reality.

No comments: