Monday, December 19, 2005

The English Office

To begin, quick note of apology to you partiers on saturday. Sorry I didn't come out, but the fam and I were doing a bit of birthday partying, and I was feeling pretty lazy. Plus, we got one of those big cookies from the Great American Cookie company, and, even though I was insanely full, you still couldn't drag me away from the thing. It was like christmas in december or my birthday or something.

Oh yeah. It was my birthday.

Anyhow, I hope you all had a smashing time.

In other news, I've been watching the english version of the office, which I really enjoy. I don't understand who try to compare the two. Obviously, the English version is very british and the nice dweeby guy is very nice and dweeby, but that doesn't make the show better than our American version. It just makes it different. I imagine, though, that if you like reading books a lot, you'll prefer the british version.

Why, you may ask. Simple. (Imagine my David Brent shit-eating grin right here) The british version is one big story. It follows a natural progression from the first day to the end of the Christmas party. The American version does not do that. Each American episode is far more focused within the episode, rather than around the entire series. In essence, the american version is more like a traditional american sitcom. As such, it may not feel quite as intimate as the English version.

Also, the british receptionist looks remarkably like Angie Brummer. Does anyone else see that?

In unrelated news our heater is working again. As such, until I get up the energy to stand up and walk downstairs to turn the heat down, I'm going to feel a little overly warm, which means I'm not likely to make any of my better jokes, possibly involving shagging Kay until I can no longer feel my tongue.

Oh yeah!! I went there!

And, for my last bit of news, for those of you in the know I've just reached page 64 of my story. And no, it has nothing to do with Amish people. Not yet anyway. If that becomes a major issue, maybe I'll deal with it when the time comes.

And now, for the HTGBWET: get a low paying job as a paper salesman, work there for a really long time, embarrass yourself by asking out the receptionist you've had a crush on forever right before she leaves for florida, let her tell you no, wait 3 years, demonstrate how you really are the light at the end of her painfully long tunnel, stir, and serve.

While it may seem unnecessarily convoluted and in violation of the WET part of the HTGBWET by-laws, it certainly makes for good television.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may be remarkably slow or something, but what the hell does HTGBWET mean anyway? You use it all the time and it drives me crazy that I can't figure it out. Also, I haven't actually spent any time trying to figure it out; I'm much too lazy for such nonsence. I feel the need to conserve my energy for other fun filled tasks like having wild sex with you. So if you would be so kind as to tell me instead of making me guess, it will only benefit you in the long run:)

Anonymous said...

How To Get Babes Without Even Trying

try not to strain yourself.

Nathan said...

First off, I need to find a way to make it so that you have to put your name when leaving a message. Anonymous posts are annoying. I mean, if you are going to post, but don't want to leave your real name, you should at least have to come up with some sort of funny name, like Turd Ferguson.

However, anonymous was right this time. HTGBWET is just the first letter of each of the following words "How To Get Babes Without Even Trying."

Thus, my rule of the day about waiting three years may violate the Without Even Trying part of the rule.

Nathan said...

On another note, it looks like my google ads are finally working. They are currently advertising cookies, which are awesome.

KU Mommy said...

I didn't understand HTGBWT either, Kay. Don't feel bad.

I have a pretty good guess who "anony" is. The phrase "try not to strain yourself" adds a rudeness factor that sorta gives it away.